Asian Arts & Culture Society, a not-for-profit organization located in Metro Vancouver. The organization’s purpose is to promote multiculturalism and diversity and to celebrate Asian culture through arts and cultural events.
We commit to sharing the heritage of Asians in BC.
We promote multiculturalism and diversity through community events.
We aim to celebrate Asian arts and culture in our communities.
The Asian Arts and Culture Society is presenting the BC Dumpling Festival in the Tri-Cities on August 12, 2023. The festival is a celebration of the diverse community we live in and brings together families, friends, neighbours, community organizations and businesses from different cultures to share food, entertainment and laughter. It is a multicultural, family-friendly event that showcases dumplings from different cultures! Please join us on August 12, 2023!
In April 2021, Gina Chong experienced a racial incident at Lafarge Park in Coquitlam. As a result of the incident, she used art to express her emotions. Here are some black and white photographs taken of friends and family in her community with racist words and words of hope and encouragement for future generations. **May not be suitable for younger children.
Meeting with Premier John Horgan and MLA for Coquitlam - Burke Mountain Fin Donnelly
Photo with Coquitlam City Councillor Steve Kim, Kwikwetlem First Nation's Chief Ed Hall, and MP for Port Moody-Coquitlam Bonita Zarrillo
Thankful for the opportunity to speak at Coquitlam City Hall and excited for future collaborations with Coquitlam Heritage and Tourism Coquitlam
- Owner of Butter Studios - Photo + Video services
- Recipient of 2 Best Small Business Awards from the Tri-Cities Chamber of Commerce & the Golden Spike Award for Best Small Business in Port Moody
- Real Estate Agent with Sutton Group 1st West Realty
- Mom of 2 girls
- Lover of dumplings
- Pastor in BC and AB for over 23 years and currently the Family Ministries Pastor at Village Church, Coquitlam
- Has a degree in History and Religious education and has a doctoral studies in Multicultural, Multiethnic Ministry
- Married with two kids
- Enjoys family games night, cooking an eclectic mix of foods from West Coast to Asian cuisine, and sharing life with neighbours and friends
- Director of Business Development at Sutton Group 1st West Realty
- Former President at Oakwyn Marketing Ltd.
- Former Associate VP, Business Development at Colliers-International
- Former VP of Project Marketing at Macdonald Realty
- Owner of Allen Lau Photography specializing in weddings & events
- Photographer for Asian Global Press
- Board member at Coquitlam Heritage
Plans are in the works to host a dumpling making event in Coquitlam. Space would be limited to 20. Please let us know if you are interested in signing up!
Please join us on June 22, 2023 for our Kids Book Launch at Outpost in Port Moody. More information will be available shortly.
We acknowledge that Asian Arts and Culture Society operates on the traditional, ancestral and unceded territory of the kʷikʷəƛ̓əm (Kwikwetlem First Nation). We thank the kʷikʷəƛ̓əm who continue to live on these lands and care for them, along with the waters and all that is above and below.